Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Folding Book/Accordion Photo Album




Greetings to each of you that have come to my table(blog)!!  It's with a grateful heart that I am recovering from my surgery.  Having returned to work, at a temporary computer job instead of being a baker, I am happy to report that I am adjusting and finding renewed strength!
  
What joy there is in knowing that my Lord watches over me.  He cares for my every moment and my well being! 



My sweet grandson provides terrific inspiration!!!

What a delight it is to find some creative time and have a project with photos to share on my blog!  So many other important events have been happening in my life......like having the pleasure of sharing time with this sweet little fellow ~ my grandson(sounds so good to my ears!)!!!   Harrison has been with us for 5 months already!

For Harrison's GREAT grandma's birthday I made this folding photo album as a way to share these photos.  To me these are so fun to create, especially in 6"x6" and 9"x9" finished sizes.   What a unique way to display captured precious moments of time!  

Using supplies that I had on hand I wanted a timeless yet fun combination of color and texture.

As you can see in the first photo I made the closure with a length of  hand-dyed bias seam binding(using Ranger Distress Inks).  Worked so well in creating my own color to coordinate with Cosmo Cricket's EARTH LOVE designer papers.   The front label is made from card stock that I painted with chalkboard paint.  Writing with a white gel pen made it look like I used chalk.   A wooden button from Prima Marketing adds a finishing touch.

The inside pages are made from 3- 12"x12" sheets of card stock, which resulted in the 9"x9" size book.  

Hopefully you can tell how this book has a unique way of folding and unfolding.  Several sites have a tutorial available.  The one that helped me along is www.exploringwomanhood.com.  Their photos were very helpful in configuring the folds!!


Back Cover (or right side of book)

Center Page


Front cover (or left side of book).

To fit the photos onto the folded pages I cut and resized each one.
  In trying to make it an"unfussy" back cover I just added a simple tag that I stamped with my name and year.  The colorful dots on the inside pages are stamped with distress inks to mimic those on the book covers.

Back Cover
It's a fun pleasure to share these baby photos with Harrison's loving GREAT grandma, who lives so far away.  

May you and your families stay safe while you have a memorable Labor Day holiday!!

Until we meet again.......~Sandie


No comments:

Post a Comment