Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

Creating Vintage Journal Via Jeanne Oliver's E-Course

Hello to each of you reading my blog!  Finally I am feeling up to posting as my eyesight is clearing and time spent holding my arms at a keyboard is improving.   Healing from my surgery is taking place and I have SO MUCH to be grateful for!!  Hopefully soon I can begin to drive a vehicle again.  Thankfully, my husband and friends have helped me in getting to church and to the grocery stores.  Otherwise "Home Sweet Home" is where I have spent my time recouping ~ and that is with a GRATEFUL heart!!
Here's my first creative endeavor in what seems a LONG while....

OH WHAT FUN!!  This past week I was inspired to create a vintage journal with the tutorial by Jeanne Oliver in her online e-course, "Creatively Made" that I am part of (THANK YOUS to Carol Spinski at Raised In Cotton!).  
(You can click on the photos for a larger view.)

Using an old book I cut it apart for the hard covers....


Then I cut up an old tattered doily to use around the edges...



The papers I chose are from "Love Letters" by Recollections Signature.  Ranger Distress Inks added extra color.   


Mod Podge worked very well for adhering the papers to the hard book covers.


My completed VINTAGE JOURNAL's front cover.



Tags, chipboard, ribbon, beads and trinkets embellish the pages...



Inside are many pages just awaiting my added thoughts and comments of my experience in Jeanne Oliver's "Creatively Made" e-course.  Jeanne is so inspiring!!  Just what I needed at this time in my life!!

How fun to meet others that are participating in this class online and to see what creations they bring forth!

THANK YOU, Jeanne!!!



5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful.
    Much love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie,

    I had not known of your surgery. So sorry to hear about that but happy it seems you are improving! I heard about that course also and it looked like a lot of fun! Your journal is beautiful!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    sandy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Sandie.
    Hope you have a beautiful weekend.
    XOXO's,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete