Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

Rag Quilt For My Grandbaby, Harrison

What a delight to cut, piece and stitch this rag quilt for my new grandson, Harrison!  His mama and papa  helped to choose the patterns and colors of the high quality flannel.  Each square has three layers of flannel which makes the quilt ever so soft and cozy!

Many pieces were stitched together to form the larger squares.
 
 
 This photo shows the front side of seams before laundering frays them.
In the following photo the reverse smooth side is displayed.



The seams were then clipped at 1/4 inch intervals, being careful not to cut through the stitching!




After being laundered just once the seams have frayed quite well giving the front side ruffled looking frames.


The quilt bears a label I designed, printed on the computer, then added just a bit of embroidered French knots before being handstitched to the quilt with a small bordering frame.




This GRANDMA is excited to share this captured image of Harrison!   He melted my heart with this expression while I was holding him!!! 



Mama and Papa are so delighted to have Harrison in their lives!  This photo from Easter morning warms  my heart.  It is my heart's desire that Harrison grows up in the knowledge that his family loves him and more so that God loves him!
How grateful we are that his mama had a healthy pregnancy and a safe birthing.  His Papa is so loving and caring.  What wonderful parents!
We are all so blessed!!


How grateful this GRANDMA'S heart is for so many fabulous blessings!

Please know that if I am absent that I must spend time with this precious gift from above before my spinal surgery date!!  It may be a while before I can hold him afterwards.

With hopes that your Easter was touched with Christ's priceless love and grace!  Because He arose from the dead we are able to have LIFE and live it more abundantly!  Live your life in a most ABUNDANTLY joyful way, my friends!      ~Sandie
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sandie, I saw your "first-time grandma" comment over at the Picket Fence, so I had to stop by and see if you had pics. Congratulations! What a joy it is to meet that first grandchild. I'm so thankful he's here and he and Mommy are doing well. Our Grandson #2 arrived last Tuesday. I posted about his arrival, too. How blessed you and I are, my friend!

    ReplyDelete