Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

Baby Shower For Mich & my son, Isaac


How fun it was to make this baby shower invitation for our celebration of Mich, Isaac and their soon-to-be-born baby boy!
(Click On Photos For Larger Image)
This past Saturday I welcomed the guests to the baby shower for my son and his wife in expectation of their new wee babe!  HOW VERY EXCITED I AM TO BECOME A GRANDMA!!  OH YAY!!
I used this arrangement as a focal point on my dining room table as  I featured a  brunch buffet.
So fun to use soft Spring infused colors along with the lacy parasol!


Here I am with the soon-to-be-parents ~
my sweet son, Isaac, and his lovely wife, Mich.
Along with the many useful gifts they received it was so fun to give Isaac this 
"motorcycle"!! 


"See you later..." it says!
This motorcycle is "built" from diapers, soft receiving blankets, bibs, baby socks, and a baby bottle!  So CUTE!!  Found very helpful instructions by Erica (Icky) on her blog http://ickymadeit.blogspot.com. My son is already riding his motorcycle here in Minnesota this month!   No complaints though, unless we totally miss Spring!





This cuddly little bear needed a new label on his overalls, so I tea dyed a piece of muslin and simply stitched it onto the bib area.  Worked well!


Life seems to have picked up the pace for me lately so I have not had the time to post.  A fun happening was to have my family surprise me with a party to celebrate my 60th birthday!  How grateful I am for family.

Also, my thoughts have been distracted by an upcoming event that has me calling on my Lord daily for encouragement.  In all my years I have never had to have surgery performed on my body, but now I find it shadowing my days.  To me it is a major development that has set me aside from a job I so enjoy, and activities that add to my life, and I find that my thoughts get easily distracted.   I guess it's just the fear of the unknown.  Therein comes to mind these Bible verses...
Isaiah 12:1-3  Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

Psalm 139:1-4  "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord."

John 14:1  "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.

Proverbs 3:5-6  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."  (My LIFE'S verse!)

Along with God reaching out to me through other people, that he sends my way to encourage me, I can't help but feel HIS presence!  OH MY!!  God is so good!
Sweet blessings on your daily moments......~Sandie


 





No comments:

Post a Comment