Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

"FRIENDS" Accordion Folded Book


Hello from SNOWY Minnesota!  What a great day to share a paper crafting project with you!
This is an accordion folded or pleated book that I have made to keep photos and special remembrances about  friends that are dear to my heart!

 
Foam Core Board formed the covers.  The front and back cover paper is from 7 Gypsies Conservatory 8" X 8" Variety Pack.  On the cover I used VersaMark and heated copper embossing powder to stamp the saying and the bird on the branch from Tim Holtz's Urban Chic set.  Distress Ink from Tim Holtz stained the bias binding that ties the book closed.
Upon opening the book the pages unfold to reveal the four center squares that I stamped using Poetic Prints leaf designs from Hero Arts with VersaMark and clear embossing powder.  Then I used a blending tool and more T.H.'s Distress Ink to add soft background shading and along the page edges. 
This is the back cover where I used my own personal name stamp and date.  The tag added has flourishes that I hand stamped along with the title "CHERISH" on the front side.  On the backside I stamped with FRIENDS  from the Hero Arts Original Definitions collection.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment